Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!


Image from source, Slobber and Spittle

I was surprised to hear of a salmonella outbreak in tomatoes of all things. Where have I been? And in a random click to my "favorite places" (yes, I still use AOL), I found a recent post about the problem. Add to that fact, that the writer chose to use an image from Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!, one of my very favorite "so bad it's good" movies, I couldn't resist a link. It's a reference so obvious, I can't believe I didn't think of it myself.

[Excerpt]


Yesterday, while I was ordering breakfast, the waitress said that they had recalled their tomatoes. I thought she said it was due to a USDA request, but I could be wrong. All I heard for sure was that I wasn't getting any tomatoes on my omelet. Turns out this has been in the works for a bit. . .

Read (lots) more at: Slobber and Spittle


1 comment:

  1. And to think, I almost didn't use that picture because it just seemed too obvious. Good thing I've lost my sense of shame.

    Thanks for linking. It's always good to "meet" another reader.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...