Friday, April 10, 2009

Travelogue, Part the First


Image from Getaway Grand Vacations

I'm sitting at the Las Vegas McCarran airport, awaiting departure back to Ohio. I'm pleasantly surprised how easy it was to get online here. Didn't bother to find an outlet, since I don't plan to be online for long.

I'd hoped to meet The Other Half, who is coincidentally returning from a flight right about now. But the airport is a BIG place, and security is a pain in the neck, so I guess I'll just have to skip that.

Security wasn't too bad. By now, I'm planning ahead more than I used to. All of my electronics and cords and things are in individual baggies. I brought a big baggie to deposit my belt, wedding ring, watch, phone and all other metal "BEEP!" items. I still never have enough hands for my shoes, jacket, boarding pass, computer bag and computer. And I don't like walking around in sock feet on carpet where millions of others have also walked around in sock feet. I'll never get over the fact that people have to take their flip-flops off. . .or that they'd actually wear flip-flops on a plane.

So, I sit and wait. The bing, bong, bloop, Wheel! Of! Fortune! sounds of the slot machines ring in the air, with Vegas travellers who just quite didn't get their fix yet. My next post will probably be either well after I land, or if I get bored between flights, from Charlotte, North Carolina. Goodbye Las Vegas! See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...