Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blast from the Past: Grace Slick


Image from source, Spinner

I don't often repost items I find on AOL's home page, since any AOL user has already seen them. But then, how many people still use AOL (besides me, of course)? So when I saw this picture of Grace Slick (former lead singer for Jefferson Airplane and Starship), I was moved to pass it along. I remember once talking with my mom about the big singers of her generation. So many it seemed were about the same age as she was. We agreed that it would be comforting to the boomers to have so many famous people their age when they entered their senior years. I'll have to see if she still feels that way, or if it just makes her feel old!

[Excerpt]

Twisted Tales: Grace Slick Exemplifies 1960s Hedonism -- Going on Six Decades

Side One of the Jefferson Airplane's classic 1967 album 'Surealistic Pillow' gets a heavy workout in the Coen brothers' latest film, 'A Serious Man,' loosely based on the directors' own coming-of-age in suburban Minnesota in the era of acid rock. Bar mitzvah boy Danny listens to 'Somebody to Love' on transistor-radio earphones to get through Hebrew school. . .

Read more at: Spinner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...