Friday, February 19, 2010

Blogger Visits Periodontist Again


In 2006, I had a series of periodontal surgeries to correct a gum problem. This was after a series of "deep root planings" by my dentist didn't clear up the pockets. Now, 3-1/2 years later, the problem has returned, but on a smaller scale. I just got home from my most recent surgery, this time on the bottom right of my mouth around three or four teeth. There are no sutures this time, since the doctor used a laser (mmm, I love the smell of my own burning flesh in the afternoon!).

The good news? Apparently there will be reduced bleeding and accelerated healing time with laser surgery. I'll let you know when the anesthesia wears off, and I'm relying only on Tylenol and Loritabs for the seared flesh in my mouth. The bad news? The procedure revealed--voila!--my first cavity in 25 years. So, after my follow-up procedure on this surgery, I must schedule a tooth drilling a week later. Whoopeee!!! Well, at least I've got my Loritab!

1 comment:

  1. Your periodontist will help you understand if other health factors are involved in your periodontal disease, such as CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE, RESPIRATORY DISEASE or DIABETES.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...