Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Verdict on Proposition 8 Case Due Wednesday; Opposition Preparing Appeal

Hmmm. They really must think they're going to lose, and are trying to get ahead of the story.  In fact, after following the Perry vs. Schwarzenegger story closely, I'd be shocked if the Prop 8 side won. Their case was laughably inept.  If I could figure out their angle, I'd swear they tried to lose.  The good news is, if this thing was a slam dunk for Judge Vaughn Walker, an appeal might not go anywhere. Oh, who am I kidding, this thing is going to the Supreme Court either way.  I wish I knew more about how appeals work. Could the Prop 8 side have saved their big guns for later? Or do they have to stick by the case as already presented?

[Excerpt]


Prop. 8 supporters plotting appeal before ruling


A federal court ruling on the right of same-sex couples to marry in California is scheduled to be released Wednesday - and opponents of gay and lesbian nuptials are already making plans to appeal. . .

Read more: SFGate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...