Monday, August 2, 2010

Arianna Huffington: The Mystery of Palin's Popularity

Photo from HuffPost Email
Hey, I love Arianna Huffington, I love poking fun of Caribou Barbie, so how could I not post this? Especially with the hilarious picture.  Similar pictures of George W. Bush have the opposite effect on me, making my eye twitch and causing random muscles to spasm. But as long as Sarah Palin never attains any real position of power, I hope to be merely amused.  I do think that Huffington may be giving Palin a little too much credit in the article, but it's still a good read.

[Excerpt]

Sarah Palin, "Mama Grizzlies," Carl Jung, and the Power of Archetypes

. . .We are awash in crises right now -- crises that require smart and creative policy fixes. So why is somebody who so rarely deals in policy fixes so popular? It's because Palin's message operates on a level deeper than policy statements about the economy or financial reform or health care or the war in Afghanistan.


To really understand her appeal, we need less policy analysis and more psychology. Specifically, we need to hear from that under-appreciated political pundit Carl Jung. . .

Read more at: Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...