Sunday, July 28, 2013

Blast from the Past: Sex in Song!

The other day, I let my phone run out of juice, utterly, by mistake. For whatever reason, it was taking forever to recharge, so when I went walking, I took an old MP3 player for company. I'd forgotten I'd loaded my old Philips GoGear with new tunes last time I used it. And I'm still astonished as old as this thing is (512 MB!), that it's still a great little player.

Anyway, I must've been in a frisky mood when I put this playlist together. After a couple of ordinary songs (Aquarius by 5th Dimension, a little Annie Lennox), suddenly it segued into just sexy, sexy songs. I thought it would make for a good subject for Blast from the Past, and here we are. All because I forgot to charge my phone.

1. Love to Love You Baby by Donna Summer (1975) - A song so filthy, Summer wouldn't sing it during her "born again" phase.

2. I Want Your Sex by George Michael (1987) - This is from back when George was pretending he was straight. And at the time, it was just about as dirty as you could get on the radio.



3. Sex (I'm A. . .) by Berlin (1982) - This one always cracked me up, because Terri Nunn was so inventive, and the guy is just "I'm a man!"

4. Wicked Game by Chris Isaak (1989) - This song's lyrics aren't explicit, but it just drips with sex, and the video? Scorching.



5. Honey, Honey by ABBA (1974) - What, ABBA could get sexy. Yes, with a deceptive candy coating. This one is anything but innocent, which was proven in the musical, where this song was used while reading Mom's tawdry diary!

6. I Touch Myself by Divinyls (1990) - The (sadly) late Christina Amphlett is loving herself in this one, but she's doing so while telling her lover what she'd rather be doing!



7. Touch Me (I Want Your Body) by Samantha Fox (1986) - Fox was always an embodiment of the nasty/nice girl, looking so pretty, but also kinda slutty. I'm sure when guys who lusted after her in the 80s found out she was gay, really wish they had that juicy detail back then!

8. Boom Boom (Let's Go Back to My Room) by Paul Lekakis (1987) - My, the gays are well represented on this list, aren't they? You've got your gay favorites, and your actually gay artists! And here's one who was the male flip-side (uh, so to speak) to Samantha Fox.



9. Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood (1983) - See? This one is as gay as you can get, and also as dirty/sexy as you can get (practically, I mean check out #10). There's a crescendo in the song that's just nothing but a musical orgasm. And the lyrics are hardly subtle.

10. Closer (to God) by Nine Inch Nails (1994) - By far the most profane song on this list, it is also the outright sexiest. Picture it: mid-90s in a Las Vegas nightclub. Two lipstick lesbians writhing to this song, from its slower parts to its wind-up to its frenzied climax, and then the gentle finish. Let me tell you, everyone was spent when they were done, and this was a men's gay bar! Awesome, filthy, sexy song.



And now that you're all hot and bothered, you have to go to work! Happy Monday, have a great week everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...