Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Harry Reid Wants Us to Say "NO" to Mukasey


Image from source, a letter from Harry Reid

While everyone has been writing about Chuck Schumer and Diane Feinstein's capitulation on the Attorney General nomination, I'll be honest, I had no idea what Senate Majority Leader (and my Senator) Harry Reid's position was.

Thanks to an email from the Senator, now I know. And thank you, Sen. Reid, for restoring a little of my faith in you. Here's an excerpt:

Waterboarding is torture.

Because Michael Mukasey cannot admit to this basic fact, I will vote against his nomination.

I respect Michael Mukasey and believe he is an intelligent and capable man. However, given our recent history, it is important that our next attorney general be able to stand up to the President and for the rule of law. I am not confident that Michael Mukasey will.

Send the message:
If he can't say no to torture - we say no to Mukasey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...