Friday, December 28, 2007

Steven Weber: Shop, People, Shop!


Photo from StevenWeber.net

It could be said that I've focused too much attention on Steven Weber's writings at Huffington Post. Guilty. I don't know why, but even when he's at his most cynical (as he most surely is here), his writing strikes a chord with me.

Who knew when I was a fan watching Wings, or Jeffrey, or Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (which I now have on DVD, thanks Les & Dona!), that he and I would share a side-vocation, each writing about things from a similar perspective? I find that very cool. Now, I'll never be famous, or hob-nob with them. . .but I'll add Steven Weber to my "famous people, living or dead, you could invite to a dinner party" hypothetical. I mean, Tim Daly is already there, so he'd feel welcome. . . Heh.

[Excerpt]

Shit Hits Fan: Shop, People, Shop!

. . .And meanwhile in Over Here, the purple mountains majesty of cardboard and sea to shining sea of torn wrapping paper is being toted off to the landfill, clearing space in our gadget crammed abodes for even more Things, Items and the all important Etceteras. Thank the Lord Jesus Christ Our Savior® who looks over us all and protects us from Evil®. . .

Read more at: Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...