Friday, December 28, 2007

Computer Upgrades: Good News for a Change!


I found out before Christmas from the Stupid Monkey that CompUSA was going out of business. Not a huge surprise, as that sort of "big box" store was probably too specialized to survive, with all of the options people have today. Truthfully, if I need computer stuff, I generally go online, or possibly to Sam's Club or Costco. CompUSA was sort of a dinosaur (and I'll bet stores like Circuit City will soon follow).

So I got a few things before Christmas, but deliberately waited for a return trip afterward. Today, I was extremely displeased to find out that the CompUSA on my side of town was already closed. No biggie, I thought, I'll just travel up to Sahara, and shop there. 50 minutes later, after enduring hideous traffic, I made it.

I ended up purchasing a 22" widescreen monitor (Envision G22LWk, if you're interested) for just over $250. Pretty sweet! As much time as I sit behind a monitor, I figured I should have a nice one. And this one is pretty nice. I'm digging it so far. I plugged it in, and it worked immediately. If you've ever done computer upgrades, you know this is not the norm (even some of those egotistical Cult of Mac people often have problems).

The Other Half gets my old Dell 19" (non-widescreen) model, and his older Dell 17"-er goes on out to the garage, so that we have a spare. So that's it. I just wanted to share a good computer story for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...