Saturday, December 29, 2007

Featured Blog: Blog of Unnecessary Quotation Marks

I'm a bit of a stickler for punctuation. My writing here on the blog may not always be evidence. It's very easy to over-sprinkle with superfluous commas, ellipses, hyphens and dashes. In many cases, it is a question of style. I like to use italics in place of quotes for movie, TV show and web site names for instance. Other times, it's hurried writing and bad editing. Sorry.

But in my regular occupation as a sign maker, I'm very concerned with getting it right. I'm particularly annoyed by apostrophe and quotation mark misplacement. That's why I was delighted to run across The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks. Take a look.

[Excerpt]

The “Blog” of “Unnecessary” Quotation Marks

Submitter Phillip writes, "Perhaps the real question is whether this was a simple example of bad grammar by the sign-maker, or an attempt at truth in advertising?"I still have no desire to know what's in hot dogs, and will eat them with chili and cheese to disguise them further.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...