Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bill Maher on Jerry Falwell's Death

Back in high school, in my Creative Writing class, I was assigned a project. It was a "multi-media" presentation (which in those days meant drawings, photos, and such, pasted onto the pages). We had to create a project that followed checklist, but were free to use our imaginations. The teacher, Mrs. McNaughten was something of a free spirit, and allowed us a lot of latitude.

My project included a lot of "dark humor," with several allusions to death and dying, but all from a darkly humorous standpoint. In the margins, Mrs. McNaughten wrote, "Can death be funny? Yes, I think it can." And she gave me an A-.

This video, from HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher addresses the passing of the Reverend Jerry Falwell. He allows him a little more respect than I would. But it is worth a view. Yeah, this is a while ago, but I don't think I had the opportunity to comment on it at the time. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...