Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Greenlee Gazette Psychic: Exxon-McCain!


Much of my blog, like many others, consists of links to other people's work. That's the nature of blogging, though I do try to editorialize, and occasionally write posts that are entirely or mostly my own. It gets weird when something I think I thought up--like the McCain attack ad "The One" being a Left Behind allegory--has been thunk by others already.

Other times, I'm pretty sure I thought of something first. Or at least earlier than some of the mainstream press. I've been surprised on many occasions to see something I've editorialized about turn up a couple of days later on Countdown with Keith Olbermann, for instance. That always gives me a smile, because I feel a little psychic.

But in this case, I plum missed the boat. In this post, John McCain "In the Tank" for Big Oil?, from July 24, I created an "ExxonMcCain" graphic to accompany the post. Little did I know, it could have been a money maker! Damn!

[Excerpt]

Exxon-McCain '08 Site Launches Today

John McCain has been having great difficulty with his Vice Presidential shortlist, as those on it keep either complimenting Barack Obama, falling mute when asked to defend McCain, or locking themselves in mortal combat with the denizens of Hades. It appears that McCain has chosen a novel solution: To appoint himself the running mate on a ticket headed by Exxon. . .

Read more at: AOL News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...