Friday, May 15, 2009

Bush Era Torture: All Nancy Pelosi's Fault?

Sorta took the day off from blogging until now, so sorry for the lack of posts. I wasn't sure I was getting Friday off, so when I did, I took advantage of it.

That said, I did have the time to check out a little cable news today. I caught much of White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs' press conference. And I was dismayed to hear the umpteenth "we're looking forward" excuse for why the White House won't push torture investigations. It's lame, but I sort of get it.

It's kind of like how a President can't say that he's an atheist or an agnostic, or basically just isn't too concerned with religion. Or how President Obama (and during the primary, Hillary Clinton) have to pretend that they are against same-sex marriage. It's political expediency, nothing more. But it kind of sucks.

The big news story of the day seems to be Nancy Pelosi, what did she know, and when did she know it. This isn't a real story as far as I'm concerned. It is a Republican-planted shiny thing to move the press' focus from the actual Bush Era torture story. And--big surprise--the press went for it. I even heard an MSNBC commentator saying that the question is, if Pelosi knew, why didn't she speak out at the time? Which is utter B.S., because we've known for some time now that those meetings are classified, and that briefed Congress members were barred from talking about them.

Anyway, it looks like there are some members of the press seeing through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...