Monday, May 18, 2009

Greenlee Gazette Plagiarised! Happy Monday!

Well, it's Monday (actually, for me, it is late Sunday night), and I'm at a loss for a post to start the week. I used to be able to depend on Democratic Underground's "Top 10 Conservative Idiots" column, but it has gone bi-weekly. So, what to do, what to do. After a lazy Friday and Saturday, I posted a boatload of things yesterday, so I'm plumb out of ideas.

So, how about this? This weekend, I discovered--quite by accident--that another blog has been copying my blog posts in their entirety for many months. They seem to have stopped late last year. But more peculiar than the plagiarism, is the fact that they date their blog posts all the way back to 1995. Since I've only been blogging since June 2, 2007, this is very odd.

I tried contacting the blogger, but have had no success. I have to wonder, did this person need to establish a blog for a job or for a school project? What would inspire a person to completely copy someone else's blog? Especially considering that many of my posts are personal, and identified as Greenlee Gazette?

Now, I have no problem with people excerpting my work. It's right there at the bottom of my page. But attribution is essential. I'd never intentionally purloin someone else's work without explicit attribution. And if I ever have, I'd want to be notified so that I could immediately give credit where it is due. In any event, the discovery was baffling.

The site is called The Hawley Home. But even more confusing is the fact that the blog address includes my own. You can see it at: http://greenleegazette.endofinternet.org/

Here is a comparison (click to embiggen).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...