Monday, May 18, 2009

Rove's Alternate Reality Machine is Alive and Well!

I've written a lot about Karl Rove's "alternate reality machine," a device that could spin reality into something altogether different. It could defy video and audio evidence, defy transcripts, defy your very eyes and ears. It affected a huge percentage of the population, and those of us it didn't work on sat here incredulous, eyes and mouth agape like Jon Stewart, wondering what the hell was going on.

I had thought that with the 2008 election Rove's machine had rusted, broken down, lost some key parts, and could only occasionally sputter and cough out a brief warp bubble that would last for a little while, and then be popped by reality. But I was so wrong. The machine is just a strong as ever, though Rove may have put it on autopilot to provide deniability or something. The thing is, the machine now only works on Republicans. And not just Republicans, but the hard right-wing variety that populate FreeRepublic.com.

What is my evidence? Well, frankly there is too much to list. I'd have to copy their entire site and post it here. But this one picture I found there pretty much sums it up. Check out this "PhotoShop Fun" job. Technically it's just fine, good work. But the subject matter? Utterly and completely laughable. They apparently think that Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin are formidable and to be feared, instead of cartoon characters to be laughed at.

And that little car with Anderson Cooper in it? I'll be honest, I've never understood Rush Limbaugh's little "drive by media" phrase. It's a very weak analogy, having something to do with the media having a "hit and run" modus operandi or something. It's completely un-catchy, but Rush's ditto-heads (and his imitators and also-rans) use it religiously. More evidence of an alternate reality, I suppose. Anyway, the picture was so funny to me, I had to share.

Source: FreeRepublic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...