Saturday, May 23, 2009

Blast from the Past: Tim Curry I Do the Rock

While writing about Charlie's Angels, earlier, I remembered a fantastic song by Tim Curry, star of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. In his song "I Do the Rock," he mentions the stars of the show, and it has always been one of my favorite songs. They used to play this at the theater before The Rocky Horror Picture Show. So here you go. . .



Lyrics:

Edith Sitwell giving readings
14 Moscow Road
Osbert's giving champagne parties
Sachie's got a cold
Gertrude's hanging pictures
Alice making tea
Me, I do the only thing that still makes sense to me
I Do the RockI Do the Rock Rock
John and Yoko farming beef
Raising protein quota
Sometimes they make love and art
Inside the Coda
Rodney's feeling sexy
Mick is really frightfully bold
Me, I do the only thing that stops me growing old
I Do the RockI Do the Rock RockI Do the Rock Rock Rock
It's stimulating
Solzhenitzin feels exposed
Built a barbed-wire prison
Nietzsche's six feet under
But his babies' still got rhythm
Einstein's celebrating ten decades
But I'm afraid philosophy is just too much responsibility for me
I Do the RockI Do the Rock
Baby Ruth and Dizzy Dean
Best and Colin Cowdrey
Little Mo, Virginia Wade
Pistol Pete and O.J.
I've always liked Di Maggio
And Rockne's pretty Knute you know
I could never whack a ball with such velocity
I Do the RockI Do the RockI Do the Rock
It's stimulatingI'm a keen student
Liz and Dick and Britt and Liza
Jaclyn, Kate and Farrah
Meg and Roddy, John Travolta
Governor Brown and Linda
Interview and People Magazine
Miss Rona and the Queen
It must be really frightful to attract publicity
I Do the Rock
Myself
Carter, Begin and Sadat
Brezhnev, Teng and Castro
Everyday negotiate us closer to disastro
Idi Amin and the ShahAnd Al Fatah is quite Bizarre
I could never get the hang of ideology
I Do the RockI Do the RockI Do the Rock
Sunshine

2 comments:

  1. OMG....the memories that these provoke...damn we had fun. I guess high school wasn't as bad as I remember, at least the weekends! Remember our 1st venture to RHPS? Newark? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still pickin' rice outta places. . .

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...