Thursday, May 14, 2009

Pat Benatar and Blondie Touring Together


I found this ad at Kenneth in the (212), a site known for the blogger's Debbie Harry fandom. I'm a fan of Harry and Blondie, but really like Pat Benatar. I've lamented here on the blog about Benatar's lack of success staging a comeback, despite stellar music. So, I was very happy to see this development.

I've been to several of Benatar's concerts (always co-billed with her husband, Neil Gerardo) with Stupid Monkey Planet's wife, Mrs. Monkey. While always enjoyable, there is a certain sameness to the concerts. The playlist is juggled to accomodate new songs, but there have been no real surprises. A double-bill with Debbie Harry/Blondie could be just what the doctor ordered.

And unlike Kenneth, I kind of dig the artwork!

"Call Me Invincible" is kind of cute, but I might have gone with, "Heartbreaker of Glass". . .no, theirs is better.

UPDATE: I just realized that Kenneth used that idea already. So how about "One Way or Another, We Belong?" "Atomic Anxiety?" OK, maybe not.

More at: KennethInThe(212)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...