Friday, December 10, 2010

Travelogue, Part the Second: Blogger Down!!!

I got a warning from a friend who recently traveled, that I needed to be vigilant against catching something. He and his brother both came back with nasty ailments. And since I'm in the same general area (central Ohio) that they were, perhaps I should have done more. Instead I've come down with a nasty bug, that. . .well. . .is there a nice way to say, "coming out both ends?" That's me in a disgusting nutshell.

I found out that this is a very prevalent bug, even in our extended family. So, while I intended to get into the blog a few times over the last couple of days, today's ailment and yesterday's day-long fight to restore wireless networking to my mother's manse has kept me from it.  Tonight's menu is supposed to be pizza and subs at my sisters (two things they just don't do right where I live in Las Vegas), but haven eaten nothing all day, I guess I'll have to play it by ear. Or rather, gut.

It should be pointed out that we did have White Castle cheeseburgers and onion chips last night, but though that is alleged to be "risky," it has never affected me this way. It would be a handy excuse, were I not still sick. Poot. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a norovirus -- the type of illness that spreads like wildfire on cruise ships, where crowds of people touch the same surfaces. If I remember right, they were originally called Norwalk-like viruses after an outbreak in Norwalk, Ohio. So, you're in the land of nasty bugs that cause double-ended purging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the bright side... you'll probably lose a couple of pounds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, now they will name a disease after you. From now on, your disease will be called the James Greenlee disease.
    See what happens when you travel out of Las vegas.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...