Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Blast from the Past: The Honeythief by Hipsway

I missed my Blast from the Past installment because I was on vacation (and sick), but something I did experience something new while away. The 2011 Hyundai Sonata I rented (friggin' awesome by the way) had XM/Sirius satellite radio. I always wrote it off as a novelty and an extravagance that I don't need. It is, however, extremely cool.  I had no idea how it worked, and once I found out that it has dozens and dozens of categorized stations (60s on 6, 70s on 7, 80s on 8, Elvis, Jimmy Buffett, Paul McCartney. . .), I was kind of blown away.

There are no commercials, and the music programming by category is far, far more interesting than I've ever heard on a terrestrial 80s or Classic Rock station.  The song below is one I loved at the time, but haven't heard in years. But 80s on 8--which features all of the surviving original MTV veejays!!!--is chock full of "lost 80s" songs. I personally have made my own "lost 80s" CDs, songs that don't make the regular rotation. Talk about hitting a wavelength. So without further ado. . .

The Honeythief by Hipsway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...