Monday, December 6, 2010

California's Proposition 8 Could Be On Its Way Out

Image from source, SFGate
As one half of one of the 18,000 same-sex couples who married in California in 2008, I say it's about time. I am dismayed--though I understand--that the ruling may only apply to the state of California. A broader ruling would be preferred, so that my marriage might be recognized in my home state of Nevada. But I get why this sometimes has to go in baby steps. It'll still be valid in New York, Connecticut, Iowa, Washington D.C., New Hampshire and of course, California. Eventually, I'm confident, we'll actually be equal all across the country.

[Excerpt]

Appeals court hints at narrow Prop. 8 ruling



The federal appeals court in the Proposition 8 case hinted Monday at a ruling that would allow gays and lesbians to marry in California while leaving other states' laws intact - a restrained approach seemingly designed to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court. . .


Read more at: SFGate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...