Sunday, December 12, 2010

Travelogue, Part the Third: I've Killed My Parents?



What a trip so far!
First day: arrival and pizza, plus helped prep for the big party..
Second day: picked up The Other Half, helped prep the manse for the big party.
Third day: sickest day of my life. The Other Half works in my stead. Big pizza & beer night w/family sadly spoiled.

Fourth day: sickness continued, party ensued anyway.

Fifth day: Rain turned to snow, briefly to blizzard. Had to take The Other Half to the airport in the worst of it. Sickness abated simultaneously--thank goodness--but I had to resurrect my "driving in snow" skills from 1-1/2 decades ago. Drank a quart of Gatorade, and suddenly feel just fine. Arrive at parents' house after hours driving in snow to find. . .
My parents have the same illness I just climbed out of! Both are solidly down for the count, as is my sister. I have a very small family, but seem to have taken three of them out. Oy. Only one day to go!

3 comments:

  1. No, just explosive diarrhea, projectile vomiting, 102-fever, body aches and chills. If you asked them, I'm sure they'd have rather been gay for a couple of days! Oh, and we can add my brother and my brother-in-law to the list of the infected. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What more could your family want for Xmas? The gift that keeps on giving.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...