Monday, December 6, 2010

The Walking Dead Finale

Image from source, TV Squad
I'm having a bit of trouble getting into the blogging mood, but I wanted to put up a fresh post to start the week. I'm going to have to get over it too, because I need to pre-write a few posts to "seed" the blog while I'm away on my trip to Ohio. Stupid Monkey Planet will be filling in to, so that'll take a little of the pressure off.

Anyway, I thought I'd put up a piece on the premature season finale of The Walking Dead, my newest favorite show. And while I court the danger of invoking The Greenlee Curse by even talking about a good show, I think TWD is strong enough to take it, unless the hiatus is too long, or the eventual second season mucks it up.  So far though, I'm really enjoying the show, and I have lots of company.  Now, hopefully the return of V next month can avoid my cancellation curse, and build a similar following.

[Excerpt]

How Genre Guts Made 'The Walking Dead's' First Season (and Finale) So Lively



. . .To put it in terms that even the undead might understand, 'The Walking Dead' has a crunchy zombie coating but a chewy nougat center made up of enticing genre elements that echo shows like 'The X-Files' and 'Star Trek. . .'
 
Read more at: TV Squad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...