Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Spirit Working its Magic


This is an odd time of year for me. Usually, I feel like Christmas snuck up on me, and something about it seems forced, phony, artificial. After Halloween, the weekends seem to go racing by, and different gatherings, obligations and events speed it up even more. It can catch you off guard, and leave you lacking the holiday spirit.

This year was not much different, but somehow I caught up with the rush, and the spirit has taken hold! Most of my shopping is done, but there is still much to do. Every year, I create our Christmas cards from scratch. I designed them this morning, ran out and got ink and paper and envelopes this afternoon, and hope to have them all printed, written out and dropped in the mailbox tomorrow. I tried to get all the shopping done by today, but there are still a few loose ends to tie up. And then there are cookies! And parties! And for some reason, this year it doesn't feel like it isn't really Christmas time.

This post is just a way to say that while I'm still a heartless, cynical bastard, I've got a warm glow about me this year! And a note to once again apologize if the amount and depth of the commentary in this space is a little more sparse than usual during the month of December. I'll still be here as much as I can be, and believe me I'm still very much enjoying writing the blog. So even if you notice that there are a few less posts, there should usually be something new. It will just be in fits and starts!

Happy holidays, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...