Sunday, December 16, 2007

Dan Fogelberg Dies


Photo from source, USA Today
Not long ago I posted a Holiday Cheer piece, with videos of several of my favorite "modern" classic Christmas songs. In that piece, while commenting on ABBA's song, Happy New Year, I mentioned that whatever you think of the song, it was better than "Dan Fogelburp's" Same Auld Lang Syne.

Silly me, I forgot about the Greenlee Curse. I have had a tendency my whole life, mentioning obscure celebrities, only to have them die days later. Don't get me wrong, I'm not egotistical enough to actually believe that I caused their deaths or anything, it's just a creepy coincidence. Prior to Fogelberg, the three names that spring most readily to mind are Isabel Sanford, Nell Carter and of course, Elvis Presley.

The night before Elvis died, our whole family was sitting around the dinner table at a friend's house discussing the pros and cons of Elvis and his music. Quite an in-depth conversation actually (especially considering I was 11, and my brother was 10). And the next morning, the news was everywhere: Elvis was dead. People today might figure that Elvis was a very popular guy, and that this wouldn't be unusual. People of today have no idea how far Elvis had slid off the radar by 1977.

Anyway, I probably should really watch who I talk about from now on, eh? Watch out, Kenny Loggins!

[Excerpt]

Singer/songwriter Dan Fogelberg dies
Dan Fogelberg, one of the most popular singer/songwriters of the '70s and '80s, died Sunday at home in Maine at age 56. He had battled advanced prostate cancer since being diagnosed in 2004. . .
Read more at: USA Today


And if you must:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...