Monday, June 2, 2008

Cheney, West Virginians and Incest


Image captured from Huffington Post

My Mom asks me why blogging is so interesting to so many people. "Why should I care what anybody else thinks?" she asked me. Well, since you're reading this blog, I'm sure you know there's a lot more to it than that.

For me, one of the joys is finding something like the image above. Well, it got a laugh out of me, anyway.

[Excerpt]

Vice President Dick Cheney has apologized through his spokeswoman for making an offhand joke during a speech at the National Press Club Monday stereotyping West Virginia as a state prone to incest.

Cheney spokeswoman Lea Anne McBride tells us, "The Vice President's offhand comment was not meant to hurt anyone. On reflection, he concluded that it was an inappropriate attempt at humor that he should not have made. The Vice President apologizes to the people of West Virginia for the inappropriate remark. . ."

Read more at: Huffington Post
And the apology at: Washington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...