Saturday, August 2, 2008

Blogiversary: 14 Months! Over 3,100 Posts!


Tooms photo from source, Wikipedia

Wow, that was a fast month! Summer seems to be zipping by this year. And given the tedium and stupidity of the ongoing Presidential election, that is probably a good thing. Unless of course, we're speeding into a McCain victory. In that case, I'm thinking of holing up like Eugene Victor Tooms of The X-Files and staying in my nest until it's all over. But I don't think I'll be eating any livers. Bleccch.

Anyway, I'm up to 14 months of blogging now. At what point do parents stop referring to their kids' ages in months? I suppose if this blog should survive past 2 years, I'll stop doing monthly "Blogiversary" posts. As it stands now, much like in the early stages of a relationship, I'm always pleased, proud and a little surprised that it has lasted yet another month! And what a month for me, blogwise. More people visited my blog in July--more than 3,500 hits--than in any other month since I've been posting. In fact, the visits tripled over last July.

I realize that still puts me in pre-peewee league by the big blog standards. But it makes me happy, and gives me reason to continue. I'm still enjoying this alot, though I'll bet I'm starting to irritate my friends. When you follow politics closely enough to blog about it, you find you can't just leave it on the screen. It seeps into your language, and you find yourself bringing up political minutiae to friends, only to be answered with blank stares.

August will likely be a slower month than usual here at Greenlee Gazette. The Other Half and I are having a wedding reception (6 weeks after our wedding in Palm Springs) next weekend, so half the world is descending upon our household. I'm going to depend upon good friend Stupid Monkey Planet to sub for me for a good chunk of a week, while we prepare for, receive, and entertain guests for a long run of days. But the Monkey has an active and full life, as well as a Mrs. Monkey, so the posting will be more sparse. I'll still be stopping in whenever I can.

Anyway, thanks for reading this far. I ain't done yet. And I'll try (I keep saying this) to bring a little less of the serious, and a little more of the fun around here! Bring your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...