Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Barack Obama, Wiretaps, Lawsuits and Dissent

I'm glad that Barack Obama won the Presidency in November. I do not regret my vote for him. But his decisions pertaining to the "Patriot Act," warrantless wiretaps, and other Bush Era seeming violations of the Constitution are worrisome. I feel somewhat safer with Obama in control with those powers than I did with Bush/Cheney. But I can't for the life of me figure out why Obama would defend such things, or in fact strengthen the governments powers in these areas. Flummoxed. Baffled. A little appalled.

And I'm not the only one. If you are in the camp that says that liberals march in lock-step, or that programs like Countdown with Keith Olbermann are "in the tank" for Obama, watch this clip.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...