Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kumar Goes to the White House!


Photo from source, Raw Story

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle is one of those movies that trap me, whenever I happen upon it on TV. Even though I own the DVD, I still stop if I see it, and have to watch until the end. It's goofy, it's juvenile, it's loaded with inappropriate humor and drugs. . .and I love every minute of it. Well, maybe not the dream sequence where Kumar is married to a bag of pot, but everything else.

Since becoming as enamored with that film as I am with the titular White Castle burgers, I started noticing one of its stars, Kal Penn. He turned up as one of Lex Luthor's henchmen in Superman Returns. He was a bad guy on 24. He showed up as one of the doctors on House M.D. There was a sequel called Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, which wasn't as good as the first, but still was enjoyable. And then I noticed that he was turning up at events for Barack Obama.

Now, he's putting his money where his mouth is, giving up White Castle and House for the White House! Cool.

[Excerpt]

'Kumar' actor leaves White Castle for White House

Though his character was just killed off on 'House,' fans of Kal Penn can expect to see the actor-turned-government employee around --in his new job as a public liaison with President Obama's White House. . .

Read more at: Raw Story




No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...