Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blogiversary: 27 Months! 5,441 Posts!


Another month has come to a close, and summer is almost gone too. This leaves me in a little bit of a quandary. For the summer, I deliberately scaled back on my blogging, in an effort to spend a little less time behind the screen, and a little more with The Other Half. But it didn't work out that way, at least not entirely.

First, I found out I've sort of gotten into the habit. I still feel compelled to get 4 to 5 (or more) posts up per day. In addition to that, I feel a twinge of anxiety if I don't have at least one post up in the morning for any given day. I've relaxed that anxiety a little on weekends, but my computer time has risen if anything. One of those reasons is, I discovered the possibilities (and the addictiveness) of Facebook. So, while my blog hasn't been as busy on my end, I've logged more than my share of hours in my captain's chair.

The good for this month, is that readership is up. In fact, I had my best month in a while, #3 for the year. Not bad. I also finally started putting up a couple of regular features, including What Happens in Vegas, since--hey--this is a blog from Las Vegas. If the wacky keeps happening in Teabaggistan, or in Texas, I may have to "banner-ize" those topics too. On the not-so-good side, I've noticed that my goofy posts and my serious posts tend to clump together. I've got to get better about mixing it up more.

So as we head into a new month, and eventually into a new season, I've decided to take it as it comes. If I don't feel like blogging much, I won't. If I really want to, I will. Most likely, you won't notice the difference. OK, that's enough self-indulgence. If you like what you've read (or don't), please drop me a line or a comment. And as always, please bring your friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...