Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dan Savage on Countdown

I'm taking a blogger's easy way out by posting two MSNBC clips in a row, I know. But I really enjoyed this segment of Countdown with Keith Olbermann, with Dan Savage. Rachel Maddow delights in pointing out that Ana Marie Cox is a correspondent for Playboy Magazine, so I was a little surprised that Savage wasn't similarly accredited. He was referred to as "author and activist," when he is best known as the author of a sex advice column and is a gay activist.

Of course, Savage has broadened his horizons past his best-known gigs, so I suppose it's not exactly a faux pas. And Savage delivers with gusto, apparently turning in a double-length segment due to a technical problem with another guest. Check out his uncharacteristic bluntness and honesty not usually seen from cable news guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...