Tuesday, November 9, 2010

AmericaBlog's John Aravosis on Don't Ask, Don't Tell

John Aravosis' AmericaBlog was one of the first blogs I ever read (back during the Jeff Gannon story, 'member that one?), and was part of my inspiration for blogging myself. So, I'm always glad to see when Aravosis appears on one of the cable news shows, especially when it is in the arena of gay rights. I have no self-delusions either that this blog compares to John's, nor that I'd make a very good TV pundit.  But it's nice to see a blogger I like get some exposure.  I mean, if it isn't on TV, it didn't happen, right?

2 comments:

  1. Here's the problem- The Dem's had the super majority in the senate until Brown was elected. They had the majority in the House. And know Harry is begging for Republican help? Why didn't they pass it before?
    I don't mind if Congress overturns the DADT policy, but I do have a problem with the courts doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a problem with courts ruling laws unconstitutional. That's part of the reason courts are there. As for why the Dems didn't already undo it? Excellent question. At first, it would seem that they were skittish because it almost undid Bill Clinton. They seemed to think it was still 1994, and that public sentiment hadn't moved.

    My new question is why Republicans are nearly 100% against overturning a law that the public is ready to see go. There's very little political downside. It's all very frustrating, and this issue is at least partially responsible for the size of Dem losses on election day. Many gays stayed home or switched sides to "teach them a lesson." Idjits.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...