Sunday, November 7, 2010

Locked in the Attic of the Dollhouse

Image from Wikipedia
You may have noticed that I haven't posted anything new today until now. I've had kind of an odd day. Saturday, we had some fun and libations at some friends' house, rendering me red-wine sleepy.  So, I hit the hay early for me, around 9:45, and you'll remember we gained an hour thanks to the end of Daylight Saving Time.  Since I'm usually something of a night-owl, this had me fully awake at 4:00 am!

So, I spent the wee hours watching a little TV Land, notably some very early Three's Company episodes (when it was silly, rather than stupid, and Chrissy was naive, rather than brain dead. Oh, and John Ritter was adorable). When my morning finally caught up to my usual routine, I watched a couple of the morning political chatfests--which have reverted to full-on Republican lineups--and then on to some errands.  Once I was done with that, I decided to spend my remaining Sunday catching up with Joss Whedon's Dollhouse.

I was a major cheerleader of the show during its two half-seasons on FOX, for all the good it did. As a big Whedon and Eliza Dushku fan, I really dug the show, whether or not anybody else did.  So that's where I've been all day.  While watching a season of TV on DVD can be a mind-suck, it's a very interesting way to watch a sci-fi show, particularly one like Dollhouse, which was forced into an accelerated storyline in order to wrap up before cancellation.  I find myself unable to stop, so I'll be away for a couple more hours. I'll be back before the end of the day (the wee hours for the east coast, most likely), with a Blast from the Past entry, and hopefully a thing or two more to get the week started properly here at the blog.  Until then, try to be your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...