Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Potential Energy Committee Chairman Wants to Leave it to God

Ugh. Elections have consequences, as they say. And true to form, the very worst candidates for any given committee chair in the House of Representatives are gunning for them. Honestly, we don't have to worry about global climate change, because God promised he wouldn't murder us all with weather again?  Well shit, why worry about anything then? Jeebus is coming back soon, right? So we might as well just do nothing and wait for the rapture! 

[Excerpt]


Energy Committee Chairman Candidate Says God Promised no More Catastrophic Climate Change after Noah





Rep. John Shimkus (R-Ill.), who will seek the Energy and Commerce Committee chairmanship maintains that we do not have to worry about climate change because God promised in the Bible not to destroy the world again after Noah’s flood. . .

Read more at: JuanCole

Thanks to my friend Tracy for the link.

4 comments:

  1. I like your write up- pretty funny.
    But as you know, I don't believe in global warming, but if there something that is cost effective, I have no problem using it, as long as Al Gore and the President also use the product as well.
    I don't want the globla warming problem to bankraupt the country or move us back technology wise, like some people do.
    But then maybe we can all become Amish- that'll solve the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, learning about that promise sure changed my mind about climate change. In the future, I'll be listening exclusively to the flat-earthers and not the scientists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't argue much with you Dan. I believe climate change is real, but I agree with a reasonable approach. I disagree with doing NOTHING, if there IS something we can do though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe climate change is real, but I'm afraid that unilateral U.S. approaches will not only be expensive but will be offset by increased production in China, where environmental laws are lax, with the additional consequence of filthy marine diesel emissions from all those extra container ships crossing the Pacific. The best thing we can do for the climate is buy local whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...