Sunday, November 28, 2010

Shirley, you can't be serious... Leslie Nielsen, 1926-2010



In honor of one of the greats ...

Although, this monkey will be quoting Frank Drebin & Dr. Rumack until the day I die...
For now, I am at a loss for words... Shirley, I am... RIP.



"I'm afraid if I don't keep moving, they're going to catch me ... I am 81 years old and I want to see what's around the corner, and I don't see any reason in the world not to keep working. But I am starting to value my down time a great deal because I am realizing there might be other things to do that I am overlooking."
~ Leslie Nielsen, 1926-2010


Learn more about Leslie Nielsen here.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I was all set to do a Leslie Nielsen tribute, and my pal Stupid Monkey Planet beat me to it! And a good job he did, basically posting exactly what I would have. The only thing else I'd add is that while I loved Nielsen's work in Airplane! and The Naked Gun series, I think the latter-day makers of parody movies seemed to think if they plugged Nielsen into their movie, it would automatically be funny. He was of course, but not so much the movies. I'm glad the ZAZ team tapped into the comedy that Nielsen could provide though, and am very sad at his passing. Thanks for doing the leg work for me, Monkey!

3 comments:

  1. Before he did all this, he did a 6 show Police Squad TV series. Just as funny, if not funnier, as the movies. why it got cancelled after 6 episodes, I'll never know. Who ever cancelled the show probably was fired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I watched every episode, and bought the DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He also received an Emmy nomination for his role in Police Squad... That's says something for a show that only lasted six episodes.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...