Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Update

Image from Alan Colmes' LiberalLand
I woke up rather late today, actually surprised it was already 9:30. Skies were overcast here in Las Vegas, making it appear much, much earlier. But the cat's incessant cries were enough of an alarm clock for me to realize it was time to get up. I stumbled into the kitchen for a pot of ambition, and settled into the couch to watch some of the Sunday political shows, per usual.

On two of them, I saw Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who came across as thoughtful and smart. While I voted for Barack Obama, I have no aversion to Clinton, and have a difficult time seeing what inspires such hatred toward her from so many people. Anyway, other than Clinton, I saw little on Meet the Press or FOX "News" Sunday that struck me as memorable. Then, on FNS, came Texas Governor Rick Perry.

Perry is a very attractive man, I'll give him that. But like our own Captain Hairdo here in Nevada, Senator John Ensign, Perry strikes me as having traded on his looks alone to get him this far in politics. It certainly isn't evident in his interviews that he's got the brains or policy ideas to warrant voting for him. But that is all subjective, and just my opinion. What isn't subjective opinion is how one statement by him this morning came out. He said "President Bush kep' us safe."

Did he? I'm trying to remember who was president during the worst terrorist attack to ever happen on American soil.  How is it that George W. Bush gets a pass for allowing the September 11 attacks to happen? How is it possible to gloss that over? And even if you do, you then have to ignore the later anthrax attacks, and several other events that could easily be counted as domestic terrorism. And what about President Obama? Does he get credit for "keeping us safe" for the last 2 years?

And one more thing: has anyone ever waited with anticipation to find out who FOX "News" Sunday's "Power Player of the Week" is? Honestly, that's about as significant an award as a T-ball trophy.

Okay, enough grumbling, time to start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...