Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Does The Christmas Shoes Count as WMD?

Every year since I started the blog, I've had fun at the expense of the perennial holiday favorite (and worst song ever recorded) The Christmas Shoes. I have a couple of pieces of my own that I'll be tweaking and re-running soon. But this week seemed to be the one that people started listening to Christmas music. So, I got to thinking that somebody out there must've been somebody else out there who agreed with me. And I found one!

[Excerpt]

"Christmas Shoes" and Other War Crimes



. . .I know that I'm prone to hyperbole, still I know what I'm right when I say that "Christmas Shoes" is not just the worst Christmas song of all time--which it certainly is--but also the single worst recorded song in the history of the medium. Further, I'd like to argue that "Christmas Shoes" might be the single worst song in theory as well: i.e., even in the most perverted imaginings of current and future songwriters, it is highly unlikely that anyone could conceive of a worse song. . .

Read more at: Fort Wayne Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...