Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blogiversary: 3-1/2 Years!

I used to run these blogiversary posts once a month, but have not done it in a while. Even I can only take so much self back patting. But this one's a genuine milestone, three-and-a-half years! That's really something when you consider that I wasn't sure I'd finish the first week. Even for the first several months, marking the moment was important, because it gave me something to shoot for. First month, first half year, first 1000 visitors, first 1000 posts. Eventually, I just decided I was shooting for the trifecta: 100,000 readers, 5,000 posts and three years. Well, I've shot past them all now.

In fact, November was my biggest month ever for readership, tripling the number of visitors over last year at over 7,200.  The page views (which includes people who decided to visit the archives) was over 12,000, which was also a personal record. Now, I know this is all small potatoes. Baby potatoes. Dehydrated potato granules. But it means something for me, and all of those numbers keep me interested, and keep me going.

Of course, I'm about to blow all of that to hell, by going out of town for an early Christmas party back home in Ohio.  So, while my number of posts in November was on the smallish side, it will likely be fewer in December. Lucky for me, my good friend Stupid Monkey Planet is going to fill in for at least a couple of posts, to pull my bacon from the fire. He says he's got some surprises planned. I'll also probably pop in from the road, and may leave a few Holiday Cheers queued up to keep things fresh. So, thanks for reading, and as always, bring your friends!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to the 3 and 1/2 years. And in dog years, that is about 25 years. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dan. Nobody understands the milestones like another blogger! And congrats for beating my very best month yourself (yes, I checked). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I don't post regularly enough to attract nearly that many page views (I have roughly 5,000). Your post inspired me to look over my stats, though, and I was surprised to learn that about 5% of my total page views were from Germany (almost equal to the number of views on my most-visited post, about a marijuana growing operation in Wisconsin -- coincidence?). Do you get a lot of overseas visitors to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do get a lot of overseas readers. Sometimes, my last 100 readers will have lights lit on every continent (except Antarctica). It is kind of cool, and really seems to have no pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...