Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Egyptian Conflict Takes a Turn

Since the conflict in Egypt started a few days ago, I've struggled to pay attention. I still have trouble, and wonder why this is capturing virtually all of the news' attention. I get that it's important, but I'm not sure why it's getting the entire focus of the media. But on Wednesday night, The Rachel Maddow Show began with an encapsulation of exactly what is going on. Rachel explained--in the context of other similar uprisings--the desperate desire of the Egyptian government to steer the revolt to their own advantage. The government injected paid protesters of their own, to stir up trouble, and make the whole movement look like lawless, violent rogues. They even began attacking journalists. Hey, you mess with Anderson Cooper, and you've gone too far!

If you've had difficulty getting a handle on this story, like me, watch the clip below. I think you'll find a new appreciation for what's going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...