Friday, February 4, 2011

Pit Bull Hero

Image from DogFiles
Now here's something you don't see every day. Pit bulls usually get spectacularly bad press. But they're not all bad. My friend Stupid Monkey Planet has had a couple, and they're wonderful. My mom had one that was bug-ass crazy, but it wasn't her fault that someone had raised her for fighting (not Mom). Anyway, it's nice to see the breed--which some communities have actually outlawed--get a good story.

[Excerpt]

Stray Pit Bull Saves Woman, Child From Attacker



The wandering 65-pound Pit Bull mix might have seemed menacing to some passerby, but one woman will always remember him as her “guardian angel. . .”


Read more at: DogFiles (via @KaleyCuoco on Twitter)

2 comments:

  1. That's what's frustrating about the breed. they can be gentle as a tedy bear and then in some rare cases, attack and kill.
    I've been bit before by a sheep dog and a dust mop dog with little damage.
    But when a pit bull bites, they play for keeps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got bit by a tiny little poodle once. It came from nowhere, bit my leg (its TEETH met UNDER the skin), released me and ran away just as quickly. I bled like a stuck pig, and still have a scar 30 years later!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...