Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Justin Bieber Cuts Hair, Still Looks Like a Girl

Image from source, Gawker
Over the last dozen years or so, I've gone from a walking pop culture encyclopedia to a middle-aged know nothing.  Outside of a Lady GaGa song here and a Ke$ha song there, I'm very, very out of the loop these days, particularly when it comes to music. But I'm seldom at a complete loss for the popularity of a performer (outside of rap. . .I've never understood rap). Justin Bieber has finally stumped me. I think his music is completely lackluster and uninspired. I think he is unremarkable looking; not ugly, not handsome, just. . .meh.  Usually--to quote Bette Midler--when there's a sex symbol, you know the sex of the symbol!

Now, I know that I'm not the target audience for Bieber. But I am target adjacent. I mean, I may be getting on in years, but gay guys are the next most likely target group for a young music sensation, are they not? But I don't get it. I'll say this, when he was on Saturday Night Live, CSI, and in his recent Super Bowl Best Buy commercial, he seems like a nice kid, and could probably be a decent actor. But the music, the hype, the frenzy? Just. Not. Getting it.

[Excerpt]

Justin Bieber Has Cut His Hair



After hinting that he might on Twitter a few hours ago, we now have photo confirmation that miniature pop figurine Justin Bieber has done the unimaginable. The tiny wee creature has cut his famous hair. . .
 
Read more at: Gawker

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an 80's style female haircut. I've seen that haircut on Terminator 3 tonight- the girl terminator. The girl's face also looked like the boys.
    Scary.
    But you are not the only out the loop in music. You even got me beat with Lady Gaga and Ke$ha, whoever that is. As i grow older, i regress even more. Now I am listening to the country's oldie station in town and would rather listen to that than talk radio.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...