Sunday, February 13, 2011

What's With the General Electric Commercials?

I know that General Electric has been doing ads for many decades. They may even have been making non-specific "feel good" ads for the brand. I guess I never paid much attention before. But have you noticed how often a GE commercial is played lately?  Like this one with the dancing elephant:



Or this one with a line dance:



The elephant is cute, the songs are catchy. And for some reason, the people in the bio suits line dancing is adorable. But what is for sale here? Am I supposed to buy GE stock? Random GE products? Maybe I'm just supposed to have warm and fuzzy feelings for a multinational corporate conglomerate?

UPDATE: to add "The Electric Cattle"

3 comments:

  1. I love the line dancing commercial. Love the ones in the Bio Suits. This commercial catches my attention everytime it comes on.And I think the singer helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those comercials aren't for us low people on the totem poles- they are for the buyers of companies and politicians. Apparently their mind set deals with dancing elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They just seem to be on an AWFUL lot for not advertising something specific.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...