Saturday, December 1, 2007

Blogiversary: 6 Months, 1,165+ Posts!


It's tootin' my own horn time again. . . Greenlee Gazette is half a year old tomorrow! It's been a pretty good month around here, too.

I managed to keep my average at about seven posts a day, which is quite a feat with a full-time job, a vacation (thanks to Stupid Monkey Planet and The Other Half for filling in), and the Thanksgiving holiday. I had no idea how difficult it is to round up interesting stories during a holiday. Even with all that extra time, the news is still almost nonexistent. I'm trying to backlog a few ideas for the upcoming Christmas break.

I've also reached a milestone regarding visits to the blog. While we are still (decidedly) a small-time operation, the daily visits were way up in November. Not only that, total visits for a six-month period have eclipsed my employers' web site, one that has been in existence for nine years. Granted, theirs isn't a blog, but that kind of put a little wind in my sails.

I'm going to try a little harder to throw in some more fun posts this month, since I still have a tendency to get stridently political in this space. I've come up with a few fun things, from Kathy Griffin to Cute with Chris to (my favorite) the Christmas Shoes review and parody. Hopefully, with Christmas around the corner, that will be a little easier to do. Of course with the Presidential primaries also around the corner, I can't make any promises. . .

I'll end with another plea to my readers. Leave comments. Bring your friends. I'd really like for this blog to become a community. A smallish one, to be sure, but one where there's two-way communication. It's gratifying to know that 9,000 of you have stopped by, but I'd like to know who you are! Thanks, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...