Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sunday Roundup: Karl Rove is a Pig


As I've mentioned before, I usually get up on Sunday and watch at least one or two of the Sunday morning political shows. Since Las Vegas is in the Pacific time zone, we get those programs whenever our local stations deign to air them, which means it can be impossible to watch them all without multiple DVRs. It may be bad for your health to watch them all anyway.

So, what usually happens is that I watch NBC's Meet the Press when it airs at 8:00, ignore CBS's Face the Nation, which airs at 8:30 (it's only one half hour anyway), watch FOX's FOX "News" Sunday delayed on the DVR (allowing me to zip through it quickly), and catch ABC's This Week only when our local station isn't airing golf or something.

It takes most of Meet the Press to fry a pound of bacon. If I hadn't had that activity, MTP would have put me to sleep. But since I was active and awake, I noticed something slightly disturbing. In their "round table" (in quotes, because the table is totally not round), one of panelists was David Brody (lots of Davids in their panels, by the way) of the freakin' Christian Broadcasting Network! I really couldn't believe that is counted as a valid news source. Any un-hypnotized person who's ever watched the "news" segments on The 700 Club would know that they are the most biased, unbalanced "news" it's possible to get.

Which brings us to FOX "News." It takes about 25 minutes to watch FOX "News" Sunday, if I can stand the creepiness of Chris Wallace, the combined evil of Brit Hume and Bill Kristol, and the lack of fight in whichever centrist-to-barely left-wing panelists they put in for "balance." But it was today's first segment that both gave me the creeps and had me screaming at the TV set.

It was a discussion between Chris Wallace (the host), freakin' Karl Rove (the swine from hell), and Chris Van Hollen (a guy I've never heard of, from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, whatever that is). While it would be quite impossible to "balance" Karl Rove, they could have gone for Terry McAuliffe or James Carville, someone known to be stridently partisan. But Van Hollen did have some fight in him, I have to say. He also showed much more decorum, maturity and professionalism--by far--than Rove did.

Turd Blossom was petulant, rude, and dishonest. He interrupted the host and the other guest, and showed no respect to either of them. He also continues the use of "Democrat Party" or "Democrat Congress," deliberately leaving the -ic off of "Democratic" because it tests well for Republicans to talk that way. This may seem like a small point, but Rove isn't using the term because he doesn't know any better. He's using it because he knows that saying "Democratic Party" sounds better to people, and he can't have that. Of course, the man disgusts me on so many levels, I wonder if just sat there and didn't say anything, whether I could quietly tolerate him.

Next up is This Week which just started. I'll spare you a recap, only to say that Huckabee is on now, and he scares me because he isn't creepy, he's articulate and funny, but he's the exact opposite in just about everything politically that I believe in. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...