Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Vouchers for Mandated Digital TV: Get Yours


Next year, the government is requiring all TV transmissions to go digital. Not a problem if you have digital cable boxes on all of your TVs. But if you're like me, you have one or two TVs running the standard cable or even rabbit ears. Fortunately, the government is offering vouchers to help offset the cost of digital converter boxes. But you better get in now before they're gone! Click through to the link at the end of this excerpt to find the link for the vouchers.

[Excerpt]

Feds share coupons to help TV transition

Millions of $40 government coupons become available Tuesday to help low-tech television owners buy special converter boxes for older TVs that might not work after the switch to digital broadcasting.

Beginning Feb. 18, 2009, anyone who does not own a digital set and still gets their programming via over-the-air antennas will no longer receive a picture. . .

Read more at: Yahoo News

UPDATE: According to the article, cable users will not be affected, but I'm not convinced. Right now, if I want digital cable, I have to rent a digital cable box from Cox Cable. Two of my TVs currently get standard analog cable, and a third gets rabbit ears only. The big screen, of course, gets the full digital treatment. Anyway, I'm hedging my bets, and applying for two vouchers, just in case the analog cable needs a box. If not, I'll give it to somebody who needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...