Monday, November 1, 2010

What Happens in Vegas: Voter Burnout

Image from source, Action13News
You know what, I think I've found something that conservatives and liberals can agree on: we're sick of politics.  At least, we're tired of being pestered about politics.  We receive at my house 5-10 calls a day, perhaps more, from various candidates and polling firms. I've gotten dozens of emails from Democratic and progressive groups, all urging me to donate time (and of course money).  The money? Sorry, not this year.  The time? Well, what would that entail?

It entails going door to door, begging for votes. Sitting on a phone bank. You know, bugging people. Nobody likes phone calls from people they don't know, particularly if you are one of dozens. And nobody likes answering the door for a person with a clipboard in their hand.  I've been known to sit quietly with the television on mute when the doorbell rings. I am not going to volunteer to annoy people. And lets face it, in a state like Nevada, where early voting is very, very popular, that's what you're going to be doing. More than half the people who are going to vote have already voted. A half of those left wouldn't vote for my candidate, and half of the half that would doesn't intend to vote in the first place. I voted. I did my duty. And no, I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about it. Now leave me alone!

[Excerpt]

Last push for votes, has some people in Las Vegas frustrated



Democrats and Republicans make a final plea for votes, but could this last push be having the opposite effect on voters? . . .
 
Read more (with video) at: Action13News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...