Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Fred Thompson, Actor/Politician


Photo captured from video at FredThompson.com (Really!)

IMDB.com is one of my favorite sites. It's right up there with Wikipedia.org for sites you can get lost in for hours. It's an encyclopedic site, containing everything you ever wanted to know about virtually every movie and TV show ever produced. I haven't bought a Leonard Maltin movie guide since I found the site.

Anyway, today I looked up Fred Dalton Thompson, out of curiosity, to see what else he'd been in besides Law & Order. Along the way, I found the comments section, and found these gems:

[Excerpt]

"Fred Thompson is not just another idiot, he's almost in a class by himself. He's a knee-jerk conservative who basically supports everything Bush believes in, including torture, privatization of Social Security, and the war in Iraq. Anyone who would vote for Fred because of his acting ability is sad beyond words. Fred loves to use words such as "conservative," "patriotism," and "victory" a lot because he knows he is guaranteed a certain percentage of votes from Americans who are incapable of real thinking and can only react on a gut level. I can't endorse Ron Paul either, but at least he is a thinking individual. He knows the war in Iraq is immoral and unjustified and is costing us over $100 billion a year, money that could be spent on infrastructure, Social Security, Medicare, and other things to HELP people rather than to kill and maim Americans and Iraqis. " - by e_j_powers

"Props to you, e j powers. I'm only 15 but I couldn't agree more. I mean if we get one more conservative Christian southern idiot for president I'm leaving the country. Well, I'm not sure if he's an idiot or not but these conservatives are so annoying. And no, I'm not gay, black, or atheist. " - by mermaid131810

And my favorite:

"Personally, I have many hopes for Fred. I hope that he makes it his number one priority to ban all things exotic, like California Pizza Kitchen, incense candles, foreign automobiles, Teletubbies, immigrants, Airbus, foie gras, and of course Harry Potter. Need more guns, k? thx " - by ThatVoiceAgain

I guess politics is everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...