Thursday, February 7, 2008

Bible History: Sodom and Gomorrah

As I've stated on the blog before, I'm agnostic. And one of the more bewildering things we unbelievers come up against is believers who have entirely the wrong idea of where we're coming from. The way they see it, God laid out the truth, plainly and clearly in the Bible. They think we see this truth, recognize it for truth, and for some reason reject it defiantly.

That's not true. I've read the Bible, I know the stories (hey, I clean up on Jeopardy!), but I just don't believe them. I don't recognize them as truth. Adam and Eve and the snake for instance. Or Noah's Ark. I find them to be little more than superstitious fairy tales. And when you factor in the gay thing, and then hang most of the Biblical admonitions against that on the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, you really lose me. I simply find the story ridiculous.

If you ever wanted to know how non-believers view such stories, just watch the following video. That's more or less it in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...