Friday, March 14, 2008

Saturday Night Live's Jim Downey on Hardball

I'm not a very big fan of Chris Matthews or Hardball, but this clip hits a sweet spot of mine. I've been a fan of Saturday Night Live since the first episode in 1975, which I watched live at the age of 9. The show has had its ups and downs, and was rarely as good as we've colored it with nostalgia. But in its 33rd year, I'm still watching.

I've read a couple of books about the "behind the scenes" action of SNL, and was a big fan of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (a show loosely based on SNL) as well. So this interview between Chris Matthews and long-time writer Jim Downey scratches that behind the scenes itch. Matthews did miss an opportunity though. Downey is apparently somewhat conservative, so any Hillary bias would be for comedic value rather than political. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...