Tuesday, March 11, 2008

This Modern World: The Cost of War


This isn't my first link to This Modern World, a fantastic comic strip by Tom Tomorrow. I'm sure it won't be my last. Tomorrow has an amazing gift for succinctly explaining the issue he's lampooning in a very small space, and does so with great wit.

In this strip, he tackles the cost of the Iraq War, and the amount we were told it was going to cost. If anyone had guessed the war would ultimately cost $3 trillion, would anyone have ponied up for it? Does anyone know what we're even supposed to be accomplishing?

And I swear, if I hear Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity or any other right-wing boob complain about "your tax dollars" going for something they deem frivolous, I swear I'm going to scream. Again.

Enough ranting. Check out the full strip here: This Modern World at Salon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...